Smart home technology and home automation products conserve energy, provide peace of mind and drastically improve accessibility. That nagging feeling of wondering if you turned off a light or locked the front door is quickly becoming obsolete. Whether you are looking for a single smart light switch or complete smart home automation, there are options available. These are just some of the ways to make your home smarter.
Home Automation Products to Make Your Home Smarter
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats can be programmed in advance to keep your home at an ideal temperature, but that temperature can also be adjusted remotely. Heating and cooling accounts for a large percentage of all energy consumption, so smart thermostats are capable of saving you a significant amount of money each month.
- Video Doorbell. Smart video doorbells allow you to see who is at your front door from a connected device. Some of these doorbells even allow you to communicate with the visitor through the same device or smartphone. If you aren’t home, they will snap a quick photo or video of the visitor, so you are always aware of who shows up at your front door throughout the day.
- Smart Locks. Smart locks allow you to lock and unlock your doors from anywhere, at any time, using just your smartphone. While the increased security is an obvious plus, lost or forgotten keys will quickly become a thing of the past.
- Smart Light Switches. Smart light switches allow you to turn single lights or groups of lights on and off remotely. Some can even dim lights.
- Smart Outlets. Smart outlets turn anything plugged into them into a smart device. Simply tell the outlet to turn on or off from Amazon Alexa, a smartphone or similar device.
- Smart Garage Door Opener. Let’s say you are expecting an important delivery, but you are not home to meet the delivery man. A smart garage door allows you to request to have the delivery placed in your garage, until you are able to bring it into the safety of your home. That’s just one of the everyday uses of a smart garage door opener.
- Smart Audio. Use Amazon Alexa for hands-free audio control of your smart home products, your favorite music and more
- Smart Cameras. Take control of the security of your home by installing smart cameras inside and/or outside. Remotely monitor everything happening on your property at any time, from anywhere.
- Smart Sprinkler Systems. Smart irrigation systems use weather data to determine whether your lawn or garden actually needs to be watered. While they turn on and off automatically based on your set preferences, these systems can also be controlled instantly from a smart device.
- Total Home Automation. Control all of your home automation products from a single hub. This offers the peak of energy efficiency, safety and accessibility.
Contact iQ Home today to learn more about the latest smart home technology in Des Moines, Iowa and Omaha, Nebraska.